Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sir(iou)Sly Good

Sir Sly has been on my radar over the last two weeks. They put out an EP in 2013, which was great, but I hadn't heard from them again until recently. They finally released their full length album, You Haunt Me last fall. It's a fantastic album that has a nice blend of pop sounds with indie and electronic influences. I'm loving it. Here are some of my favorites:

"Easy Now" (not actually on the album, but an earlier release that I LOVE)



"Too Far Gone" (my favorite song on album)
I'm obsessed with 2:15-2:40


An excellent remix of "You Haunt Me", by AMTRAC

Anyway, these guys are great. Give them a listen to and let me know what you think. Sometimes they kind of remind me of an Islandic band I like, Kent, but more toned down and indie.

Oh, and rumor has it that Sir Sly's drummer is a "never-nude," at least according to their Wikipedia page here.


No comments:

Post a Comment