Saturday, January 5, 2013

Kinda Country Kinda Not

I have never been the Dixie Chicks or Tim McGraw like country music type of a fan... Especially when you get into the more pop country stuff.  But I do like Country music.  I may not be diverse in my country selection so I guess you could call it borderline folk/country but dang some of this genre is just amazing.

Like this new Brooklyn Country Band.  Yes. Brooklyn and Country. Its a thing. But my trusty sidekick Bob Boilen from NPR tipped me off on this little Gem of a group.  Their Album comes out later this month and I am excited to check it out.  This is The Lone Bellow.  Vocals are amazing... especially around 3:00.


I am coming more and more accustomed to listening to what is classified as "Country Music" but maybe the country music scene -CMT and such is just recognizing good music as country now... examples would be the recognition that groups like The Avett Brothers and The Civil Wars are getting- both excellent groups.

Here is another great song from The Lone Bellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment